12 Days of Giving, Day 2: A Warm Drink for a Cold Winter Day
Today, as part of my 12 Days of Giving, I'm gifting you with anti-inflammation, an alternative to sugary hot chocolate, and some sweet, sweet relaxation.
This ginger & turmeric latte (modified from a Goop recipe) is dairy-free, caffeine-free, refined-sugar free... but not lacking in deliciousness!
Brew up a batch, turn off you screens and devices, curl up somewhere cozy, and take a deep, holiday breath. Doctor's orders.
Ginger & Turmeric Latte
- 1 heaped teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ground black pepper
- Combine turmeric, ginger, coconut sugar, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt in a powerful blender.
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
- Pour the hot almond milk into the blender and blitz everything until smooth and frothy. Pour into a glass and garnish with ground black pepper.