Green Detox Smoothie Recipe
If you've heard that green smoothies are one of the best things you can incorporate into your diet, you've heard right! They're not only a great way to get a hefty portion of greens into your daily routine, they're also awesome for your immune system and for managing the effects of stress on the body.
This recipe from Joyous Health covers all your bases - you have kale, one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet; ginger, which fights inflammation (tied to multiple diseases); and lemon for a boost of vitamin C.
Clean eating doesn't need to be complicated - work one of these in as a snack every day, or add in a little protein powder and have it for breakfast, and you'll already be taking multiple steps towards a healthier year!
Banana-Avo-Kale Smoothie with a Twist
- 2-3 leafs of Lacinato Kale de-stemmed (feel free to use another variety if you choose)
- 1 small ripe banana (Note: important that it’s ripe as this is where the sweetness comes from!)
- ½ a ripe avocado scooped out of the flesh
- Approx. ½ inch piece of ginger
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup of canned coconut milk (or ¾ cup of coconut milk in a carton – in this case only add ½ cup of water below).
- 1 cup of water
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender, serve it up and enjoy!